Since we raise and butcher our own fryer chickens every summer, I'm always on the look-out for new, easy, and delicious chicken recipes to pass along in the newsletter we send our customers. Well, this one is going into the hall-of-fame recipe book at our house! Add more garlic to give your tastebuds and nosebuds a real boost--it just gets better and better. A hearty thanks to the folks at Gooseberry Patch for another fabulous recipe!
- 8 -12 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, bite-size pieces
- angel hair pasta or linguine, cooked per pkg directions
- grated romano cheese, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 450; grease a 13x9 pan.
- In the pan, combine everything except the pasta and cheese.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes (chicken should be white inside).
- Serve over pasta, sprinkle with cheese.