1/7 Photos of Chicken Scampi for Doll
This I came up with for Doll who loves shrimp scampi but now has allergies to shellfish. Serve over pasta or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, lightly pounded and cut into about 20-30 pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon flour, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons butter (is a must for the scampi)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced (go for 6)
- 3 -4 scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or 1/3 cup vermouth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (and or basil)
- salt and pepper, to taste be sure to taste first
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- grated cheese, if desired (optional)
- 1Rinse and towel dry chicken.
- 2Mix Old Bay and flour together.
- 3Coat chicken pieces with old bay and flour mixture.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Saute garlic 1 minutes to soften.
- 7Add chicken, green onions, and brown on one side.
- 8Add wine and lemon juice; cook chicken on the other side. Add chopped parsley. Cook till no pink remains and still tender.
- 9Optional if needed - Add pasta water, chicken broth or additional butter if topping pasta or rice.
- 10Garnish with lemon slices, red pepper flakes, and or grated cheese if desired.
- 11Serve over with rice or pasta.
- 12In the picture I used whole grain fusilli which holds on to all the garlic pieces.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Scampi for Doll
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.8
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.8 mg
- Sodium 173.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning