1/7 Photos of Chicken Scampi for Doll
This I came up with for Doll who loves shrimp scampi but now has allergies to shellfish. Serve over pasta or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, lightly pounded and cut into about 20-30 pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon flour, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons butter (is a must for the scampi)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced (go for 6)
- 3 -4 scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or 1/3 cup vermouth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (and or basil)
- salt and pepper, to taste be sure to taste first
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- grated cheese, if desired (optional)
- 1Rinse and towel dry chicken.
- 2Mix Old Bay and flour together.
- 3Coat chicken pieces with old bay and flour mixture.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Saute garlic 1 minutes to soften.
- 7Add chicken, green onions, and brown on one side.
- 8Add wine and lemon juice; cook chicken on the other side. Add chopped parsley. Cook till no pink remains and still tender.
- 9Optional if needed - Add pasta water, chicken broth or additional butter if topping pasta or rice.
- 10Garnish with lemon slices, red pepper flakes, and or grated cheese if desired.
- 11Serve over with rice or pasta.
- 12In the picture I used whole grain fusilli which holds on to all the garlic pieces.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Scampi for Doll
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.8
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.8 mg
- Sodium 173.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning