- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, lightly pounded and cut into about 20-30 pieces
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon flour, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons butter (is a must for the scampi)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced (go for 6)
- 3 -4 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine or 1⁄3 cup vermouth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (and or basil)
- salt and pepper, to taste be sure to taste first
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- grated cheese, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and towel dry chicken.
- Mix Old Bay and flour together.
- Coat chicken pieces with old bay and flour mixture.
- Set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute garlic 1 minutes to soften.
- Add chicken, green onions, and brown on one side.
- Add wine and lemon juice; cook chicken on the other side. Add chopped parsley. Cook till no pink remains and still tender.
- Optional if needed - Add pasta water, chicken broth or additional butter if topping pasta or rice.
- Garnish with lemon slices, red pepper flakes, and or grated cheese if desired.
- Serve over with rice or pasta.
- In the picture I used whole grain fusilli which holds on to all the garlic pieces.