For the chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 box bow tie pasta (or your favorite pasta - fettucine would also work well)
For the sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the chicken, mix all ingredients except chicken in a plastic bag.
- Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Saute until done.
- Set chicken aside.
- To make the pasta, while chicken is cooking, make half a box of bow tie pasta according to directions on the box.
- For the sauce: In a skillet, heat the butter or margarine and oil over medium high until the butter/margarine melts.
- Add the parsley, basil, oregano and garlic and salt and mix together in the skillet.
- Stir in lemon juice, white wine, and mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- More butter/margarine can be added if needed.
- Add to pasta and top with chicken.