Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Breaded chicken with pasta in a buttery garlic sauce.
For the chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 box bow tie pasta (or your favorite pasta - fettucine would also work well)
For the sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- To make the chicken, mix all ingredients except chicken in a plastic bag.
- Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Saute until done.
- Set chicken aside.
- To make the pasta, while chicken is cooking, make half a box of bow tie pasta according to directions on the box.
- For the sauce: In a skillet, heat the butter or margarine and oil over medium high until the butter/margarine melts.
- Add the parsley, basil, oregano and garlic and salt and mix together in the skillet.
- Stir in lemon juice, white wine, and mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- More butter/margarine can be added if needed.
- Add to pasta and top with chicken.
So very good. The chicken is so moist and flavorful. I logged in just to rate this recipe. Followed the recipe to the t.
Very good.. Only change was no mushrooms and as w/others.. question about the cooking the chix breasts. I used olive oil (about 1/4 cup.. and added a bit more). I cooked the chicken in a wok and then cleaned it out and made the sauce. Used linguine and when sauce was done, I added pasta and chicken back and tossed. I did sprinkle with some crushed red pepper, fresh parsley and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Outstanding!! Had friends stop by "impromtu".. and only used 2 whole Chicken breasts (that's what I had on hand) . The breading was great.. not heavy.. oh.. also added some dried minced garlic to the breading.
Was a 30 min. meal.
Thanks! Definitely a keeper!!!
This was outstanding. The chicken had a wonderful flavor. It didn't say what to saute the chicken in, so I used olive oil. I think next time I might mix in some sauteed vegetables. When the sauce was done cooking, I mixed in the linguine and chicken and let it cook another minute and then let it stand another minute. Out of this world!