Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious restaurant style meal without a lot of work. The dried herbs make this low prep; great for a weeknight.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 halves)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to your taste)
- Cut chicken into 1 inch thick strips.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the oil over medium heat. Stir in the herbs, garlic and lemon juice.
- Add the chicken and saute about 5 minutes, until just starting to brown.
- Lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes longer, until the chicken juices run clear. Salt to taste.
- Add more oil as needed (If your flame is too hot you will need more.).
- Serve chicken and sauce over linguine or fettucine noodles.
We really liked this and we will make it again. I added a bit more garlic and would like to try it with fresh ingredients.
I have had this recipe in my collection for a while but have never gotten around to making it. Mostly because I have picky children and a DH who has told me he does not like shrimp scampi. Tonight I was in the mood for this dish and made it against everyones groans and complaints. Funny thing was that while everyone was slurping up the noodles and mouths full of chicken I got "this is good"," what is this called again" and my DH saying that I need to make this again. I just smiled and said sure as I walked into the kitchen. I followed the recipe as written, I just doubled this for my crew and for lunch tomorrow. Thank you Kaarin for an easy dish that everyone liked, and we all know those are hard to find!
We enjoyed this chicken dish served over bow tie noodles. Followed the directions quite closely except that I added a bit of extra garlic and a bit of extra lemon juice. It was great for a quick weeknight meal. I would like to try it w/ fresh herbs instead of dried.