Recipe by Melissa Ward
Heavenly recipe with chicken and garlic. It is really delicious and I got the recipe from a friend I used to teach preschool with.
Top Review by jcg2074
This recipe was not only delicious but so easy! Perfect for those nights when you need to have dinner on the table in under 45 minutes. The only things I did differently than the recipe was I saved about a cup of pasta water to add to the mixture while it was sitting to keep the dish "saucy" and we sprinkled Romano cheese over the top. This will go into my regular rotation!
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 roma tomatoes (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- rice or noodles, enough for about 3 people
Directions See How It's Made
- Put olive oil and butter in skillet on low heat.
- Add the green onions and minced garlic and saute.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Put chicken that has been cut into pieces in the skillet with the garlic onion and seasonings.
- Heat until chicken is no longer pink.
- I usually let the chicken sit with the other ingredients in the skillet for a few moments on low just to get the seasoning set in really well.
- I then put the tomatoes in to just heat through.
- I serve with the rice or noodles.