1/2 Photos of Chicken Scaloppine With Saffron Cream Sauce - Giada
The saffron cream sauce makes this easy -to -make chicken scallopine dish very special. This dish is from Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken cutlet (I used 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I pounded flat to 1/4 inch)
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Warm the olive oil in a large skillet, over high heat. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken until golden and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 2Transfer the chicken to serving plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- 3Turn the heat to medium, add the shallots and the garlic and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- 4Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Using a wooden spoon,scrape all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine is almost evaporated.
- 5Add the chicken broth and saffron threads, bring to a simmer and reduce for 10 minutes. Add the cream, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and simmer for 1 minute to blend the flavors.
- 6Pour the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Scaloppine With Saffron Cream Sauce - Giada
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.2
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 863.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 26.9 g