Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from Yahoo, but it is originally from Foodfit.com. My husband thought it was GREAT, and asked me to make it again. I didn't enjoy it that much, but since he liked it so much, and he tends to be a little picky, I thought I'd post it.
- 1 lb chicken cutlet, pounded thinly
- 1 roasted red pepper, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1 roasted yellow pepper, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 medium black olives, pitted and halved
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 1 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- salt and pepper
- Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl.
- Dip the chicken into this mixture, set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil to medium-high heat.
- Add the breaded chicken breasts once the oil sizzles.
- Brown the chicken on both sides, for approximately 5 minutes per side.
- When turning the chicken from the first side to second, add the lemon juice to the pan and swirl the chicken in the juice.
- Remove the chicken from the pan onto a platter and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and heat to medium-high.
- Add in the tomatoes, saute and stir on medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add in the peppers and garlic, saute and stir on medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms, saute and stir on medium-high heat until moisture is released, about 8 minutes.
- Add the capers and olives, saute and stir on medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and oregano to the vegetables, bring to a boil then remove skillet from the heat.
- Generously salt and pepper the vegetables.
- Serve the ratatouille alongside or on top of the chicken.