Recipe by Princess Pea
This recipe is one I make over and over. It comes from a cookbook titled, "The Healthful Chef" authored by E.N. Hetherington M.D.
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breast halves between sheets of wax paper.
- Pound firmly with the flat side of a meat mallet or with a rolling pin until they are 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dust chicken with flour.
- Halve the peppers; seed and cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick strips.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the prepared chicken and saute until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- When the meat is done, remove to platter and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet.
- Saute pepper strips until tender.
- Add garlic and saute one minute.
- Stir in wine and vinegar; coating peppers with pan juices.
- Spoon peppers and juices over chicken scaloppine and serve.
- I usually serve this with rice.