Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is one I make over and over. It comes from a cookbook titled, "The Healthful Chef" authored by E.N. Hetherington M.D.
- Place chicken breast halves between sheets of wax paper.
- Pound firmly with the flat side of a meat mallet or with a rolling pin until they are 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dust chicken with flour.
- Halve the peppers; seed and cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick strips.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the prepared chicken and saute until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- When the meat is done, remove to platter and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet.
- Saute pepper strips until tender.
- Add garlic and saute one minute.
- Stir in wine and vinegar; coating peppers with pan juices.
- Spoon peppers and juices over chicken scaloppine and serve.
- I usually serve this with rice.