Recipe by DeSouter
Delicious and easy. This is a dish you can whip up for your family, or serve on an occassion when you want to impress your guests. When you see how simple and delicious this is, it will become part of your regular repetoire.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 tablespoons sweet butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons scallions or 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (not cooking wine)
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Fillet the chicken breasts and pound with a mallet to 1/8".
- Heat 2 tablespoons each of butter and olive oil in a skillet. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Heat the remaining butter and oil over medium-high heat. Saute the chicken, turning once until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Remove chicken and reserve.
- Add the shallots or scallions to the pan, scraping any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Saute until tender.
- Add wine and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce by half.
- Add cream, salt and pepper. Add chicken and mushrooms back into the pan and reheat.