1/1 Photo of Chicken Scaloppine With Limoncello Sauce
I came up with this recipe in a effort to create a chicken dish that uses Limoncello. The sauce is so good! The capers add a salty pop that is countered well with the sugary Limoncello. Limoncello does not have the acidity of fresh lemons, if you LOVE lemon flavor, add a Tablespoon of lemon juice as well. Bon Appetite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to 1/3 inch)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs or 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1 pinch sage
- fresh ground black pepper or lemon pepper
- kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons limoncello
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 3 teaspoons capers
- 4 -5 lemon slices
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Whisk mustard and egg in a small bowl.
- 2Put bread crumbs on a large shallow plate and top with equal big pinches of rosemary, thyme, marjoram and sage and a few cranks of the pepper mill. Literally pinch the herbs to help release the flavor. Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt (or more if you like salt) and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly with your fingers.
- 3Heat oil and butter in a large saute pan on medium-high heat.
- 4Dip the breasts in egg/mustard mixture and dredge in crumbs.
- 5Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes a side, or until it is no longer pink inside and the crumbs are a nice golden color. Remove and transfer to a plate to keep warm.
- 6Add broth and limoncello to the empty pan and scrape the brown bits with a rubber spatula. If you are adding lemon juice for a more lemony flavor add it now.
- 7Add capers, lemon slices and parsley and stir to combine. Steep for about two minutes. The sauce will rapidly evaporate so watch it carefully.
- 8Place chicken breasts on plates and top with the cooked lemon circles and spoon sauce over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Scaloppine With Limoncello Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.4
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 183.7 mg
- Sodium 1011.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: