1/17 Photos of Chicken Scaloppine With Lemon Glaze (Low Fat and Delicious!)
This is a wonderful lower-fat restaurant-quality dish that is easy to make, I also like to add in a few tablespoons of capers and cook with the lemon glaze if you are a lover of capers then add them in as it really adds to the flavour of this dish --- this lemon sauce is not a heavy creamy sauce which is what makes this dish lower in fat, it is more like a glaze that soaks into the chicken, and I would strongly suggest to double or even triple the glaze I most always do, and please be certain to use only dry breadcrumbs as fresh will not stick to the chicken as well --- this is *very* good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to about 1/3-inch thickness)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg (you may need two)
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (for frying)
- 1In a small bowl or shallow dish whisk together mustard and eggs; set aside.
- 2Combine the dry bread crumbs with poultry seasoning, garlic powder and seasoning salt; spread on a piece of waxed paper.
- 3Dip the breasts firstly in egg/mustard mixture (shake off any excess egg) then coat well with the crumb mixture, pressing downs with hands to adhear the crumbs to the breast.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add in the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until it is no longer pink inside; remove and transfer to a plate to keep warm.
- 6For the glaze; in the same skillet add in the broth, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste, if using capers add in now) bring to a boil scraping any brown bits from the pan.
- 7Add in lemon slices and parsley; mix to combine for about 1 minute.
- 8Spoon the glaze/sauce over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Scaloppine With Lemon Glaze (Low Fat and Delicious!)
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.5
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 629.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: