Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful low calorie meal. Tastes great served over rice pilaf. Make sure to cover the rice with the sauce as well.
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons dijon horseradish mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs, breading
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon natures seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons capers
- fresh parsley
- In a bowl whisk together mustard and eggs. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix panko, garlic powder and natures seasoning.
- Dip the thighs in egg/mustard mix (shake off excess) then coat well with crumb mix. Press crumbs into thigh to make sure it adheres.
- Heat olive oil on medium in a skillet.
- Add chicken and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done, then remove from skillet.
- For glaze: in the same skillet, add broth, lemon juice, salt, garlic salt, and capers. Bring to a boil scraping any brown bits from the pan. Thicken with water and corn starch mixture if needed.
- On a plate spoon rice pilaf. Add glaze to rice. Add chicken thigh and more glaze. Then top with fresh parsley & lemon slice.