Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Source: Bon Appétit (October 2008)
Make and share this Chicken Scaloppine With Hazelnut Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large shallot, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, toasted, husked, chopped (about 1 1/4 ounces)
- Remove tenderloins from chicken breast halves.
- Slice each chicken breast half on diagonal into 4 cutlets.
- Place cutlets and tenderloins between 2 pieces of waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Using mallet, pound each piece to about 1/3-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle pounded chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to skillet and sauté until lightly browned and cooked through, about 1- 1/2 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Add shallot to same skillet and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in Madeira and bring to boil, stirring to scrape up any browned bits.
- Add cream; boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in hazelnuts.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.