Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A really tasty chicken dish based on a recipe on found in a magazine.
- 1 large red capsicum, about 300 g
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup firmly packed roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 4 slices prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 180C and Lightly oil a large shallow baking dish.
- Cut capsicums into quarters and remove the seeds and white membrane.
- Cook under a grill skin side up until the skin blisters and blackens.
- Remove from grill and cover with plastic or paper 5 minutes.
- Peel away the skin and discard it.
- Using an electric mixer, blend or process the capsicum wine and 1/2 cup water until almost smooth.
- Set Aside.
- Using blender process the parsley, rind and lemon juice and garlic until gremolata is almost smooth.
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally, almost all the way through.
- Open out each fillet and place between sheets of plastic wrap and flatten gently with a mallet until about 1cm thick.
- Divide gremolata among fillets, then roll each fillet to enclose filling.
- Wrap each roll in prosciutto and secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken rolls in prepared dish and cook in the oven uncovered for 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile place the capsicum mixture in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes until reduced by half.
- Add pan juices from chicken and return to the boil.
- Serve chicken on the capsicum sauce.
This was pretty tasty, a bit messy to make but tasty all the same. I did find that the capsicum sauce needed salt and pepper to help round out the flavors. The presentation is very pretty and I am thinking that this recipe would be a decent dinner party dish.