Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the kind of dish you don’t want to eat too often…. unless you weigh 3 lbs.
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, split and pounded thin
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup gorgonzola
- Sprinkle pounded chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour to coat and shake off excess.
- heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Add the chicken, working in batches so not to overcrowd the pan, and sauté until cooked thorough - about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and tent with a folk to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining chicken, adding more oil if necessary.
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock and reduce by half.
- Add the heavy cream, half of the basil and the tomato paste to skillet.
- Simmer until sauce consistency is reached, whisking frequently about five minutes.
- Add half of the cheese and stir until melted.
- Add half the tomatoes.
- Place chicken on a platter.
- Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chopped tomatoes, basil and gorgonzola.