Recipe by DustyPyatt
The name says it all! Romano cheese, pine nuts and fresh basil make this an instant favorite! Added bonus...it can be frozen, waiting on you! Great dish to enertain with. Love it!
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, ground
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a dish.
- Combine bread cumbs thru lemon zest in a second dish.
- Place the 3 eggs in a shallow dish.
- Start with the flour mixture, dust the chicken, then place in the egg to coat.
- Place the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture and coat well.
- Place breaded chicken in a large freezer bag, 4-6 depending on their size.
- Have available at the time of cooking the butter, olive oil and fresh lemon.
- Print the recipe and place bagged chicken along with recipe into another large freezer bag, and lay flat in the freezer.
- Thaw completely,slice lemon in half.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and oil.
- Brown chicken on both sides, then squeeze the lemon juice onto chicken pieces.
- Simmer for a minute or two.
- Cut lemon into slices.
- Garnish each chicken piece with a lemon slice and serve.