Recipe by kstrating
I had to try to find a recipe for this. It is scrumptious! From Uncle Phaedrus' website. EDIT 2/18/2013 - Having made this several times, and taking one of the reviews in to account, I've decreased the salt to 1/2 teaspoon and changed the 1 tsp of garlic salt to 1/2 tsp garlic powder. In cooking, I've also made the change to A) dredge the chicken breasts in flour prior to sauteing, and B) remove them to a warmer while making the sauce, then spooning the sauce over the crispy scallops when plating. This is now EVEN BETTER! :)
Top Review by Becky74
This was really good, thanks for posting!! The sauce was a little bit too salty for my taste, so I will cut back next time on that. I'm also going to toss in the bacon right before serving... it got way too soggy when added with the tomatoes & mushrooms... it was kinda gross... I scooped most of it to the side of my plate.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 10 ounces spaghetti or 10 ounces vermicelli
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup roma tomato
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Lemon Butter (first four) ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat at a medium speed until a smooth consistency in the batter is formed.
- Once combined, keep refrigerated until needed.
- Put Spaghetti on to boil & prepare as you usually would, to al dente.
- While it is cooking:.
- Butterfly each chicken breast, or place between 2 pcs of plastic wrap, flatten with a mallet. (you may cut to size, as you wish, e.g., 4, 6, or 8 pieces, your choice & depending on the size of the breasts).
- In a warm saute pan, melt butter.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Saute chicken in butter until it is golden browned & *JUST* done.
- Remove to a warm plate or warming plate or oven.
- To pan, add tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, and spice mixture.
- Simmer until tomatoes begin to dissolve.
- Add heavy cream and allow to boil to the middle of pan.
- Remove from heat, add one cup lemon butter, and fold together to make sauce.
- Plate spaghetti, top with scallop of chicken & spoon sauce over.