Recipe by wicked cook 46
Very nice meat dish for dinner guest that is easy . Great served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes
Top Review by ~SarahBeth~
This was a really great dish. I used chicken broth in place of the wine as well. I also sprinkled my chicken breasts with a little flour, salt and pepper before cooking. We really enjoyed this dish. It is light tasting and not heavy at all. I served mine over penne pasta with broccoli. Thanks for posting! Made for Holiday Tag November 2009!
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup of thinly sliced green onion
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (dissolved in the 1/3 cup water)
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt half the butter in a large saute pan add the mushrooms and saute until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter and add chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked until no longer pink.
- Remove from pan and add green onions, wine and boullion. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced by half. Add cream and cook until slightly thickened. DO NOT BOIL.Return mushroms and chicken to pan and reheat.