Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very nice meat dish for dinner guest that is easy . Great served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup of thinly sliced green onion
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (dissolved in the 1/3 cup water)
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- Melt half the butter in a large saute pan add the mushrooms and saute until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter and add chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked until no longer pink.
- Remove from pan and add green onions, wine and boullion. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced by half. Add cream and cook until slightly thickened. DO NOT BOIL.Return mushroms and chicken to pan and reheat.
This was a really great dish. I used chicken broth in place of the wine as well. I also sprinkled my chicken breasts with a little flour, salt and pepper before cooking. We really enjoyed this dish. It is light tasting and not heavy at all. I served mine over penne pasta with broccoli. Thanks for posting! Made for Holiday Tag November 2009!
We enjoyed this but thought there was something missing...like a spice, sage, thyme, oregano not sure what but it lacked the wow I was hoping for. It's very easy to prepare and the chicken was nice and moist. Overall a really good dish. I served it with Samosa Cakes. Thanks for posting. :)
I enjoyed this very much. My only regret one thing and that is not making enough sauce. I decreased the recipe to feed 2, therefore I decreased the sauce amount. the sauce was tasty. Made for I Recommend Tag.