Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty. light, chicken dinner!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 limes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- Take the 2 chicken breasts and cut them lengthwise in half. Pound them until thin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put flour in plastic ziplock bag. Add chicken one at a time until completely covered with flour. Shake to remove excess flour.
- In a large, heavy pan/skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add chicken breasts and fry for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet when done and place on a plate.
- On the same pan/skillet, add the sliced shallots and saute for 2 minutes. Add capers. Saute another minute. Add juice of 2 limes and continue to saute for a couple more minutes.
- Add can of chicken broth and bring to boil. Let it simmer until it reduces to about half (about 5 minutes or so).
- Add chicken breasts and lower heat to medium-low. Cook in sauce for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or pasta and enjoy! :D.
We made this using chicken tenders exactly as directed. Very simple to put together, this chicken is very tender and has an abundance of flavors. Thanks for posting.