Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Made a few changes to a recipe I found in Southern Living. This is one of my favorite recipes. Can also use Pork Chops in place of the Chicken. Great served with Spaetzle.
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, using a rolling pin or meat mallet (this step is important to insure the inside cooks before the outside burns).
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, garlic powder, and salt.
- Dredge chicken in flour, shake to remove excess, then dip in egg mixture.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides until cooked throughout. About 20 minutes.
Loved it! The chicken was moist and tender and it was simply delicious. Thanks for posting.