- 1 1⁄2 cups water (105 F to 115 F)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (approx)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- olive oil, to coat the bowl
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine, dry
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1⁄2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken (grilled or roasted and sliced)
- 8 ounces artichokes, canned or 8 ounces quartered no marinade
- 3 slices prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 3 mushrooms, large sliced
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, fresh sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- You may use a purchased pizza crust or prepare your own. To make a pizza crust, coat a large bowl with teaspoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Stir first three ingredients together and let sit for 10 minutes, until nice and foamy.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of white flour and 1 1/2 cups of wheat flour in large bowl and mix in salt.
- Place one cup of regular white flour on work surface.
- Mix pour olive oil into yeast mixture and then pour yeast mixture into bowl with flour.
- Stir until as combined as possible.
- Turn out onto floured surface.
- With well floured hands, knead dough to work in the cup of flour on the board.
- Continue kneading until nice, smooth dough-ball is formed; approximately four minutes.
- Place in well oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, then kitchen towel and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Dough should double (at least).
- While the dough is rising, prepare the toppings and sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, add proscuitto and cook until it begins to crisp.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add mushroom and cook until most of the water has cooked out.
- Remove from skillet and set aside, wipe residue from skillet with a paper towel.
- To prepare the sauce, melt the butter in the skillet on medium high heat.
- Add the cornstarch to the cream and stir to blend, set aside.
- Add lemon juice and wine to the butter, bring to boil.
- Add cream mixtures, reduce heat and stir until thickened slightly.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Use half the dough to form a large pizza crust (15 inch round), crimp the edges, brush edges with olive oil. Use the other half for another pizza.
- Place sauteed items on the dough.
- Top with chicken, artichokes, capers, parsley and mozzarella.
- Bake on pizza stone, vented pizza pan or ceramic tile coated with cooking spray at 425 F for approx 15-20
- Drizzle warm sauce over the pizza; slice and serve.