Recipe by MontanaSuz
This is taken from a Cooking Light recipe with a few minor changes. I love it because it is easy to prepare, takes few ingredients, looks lovely, and is truly delicious.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Add salt and pepper to breadcrumbs and stir together. Put breadcrumbs onto a dinner plate or into a ziploc bag, set aside.
- Place two chicken breast halves into a ziploc bag, remove air, and seal; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Do the same with the other two breast halves.
- Pour the lemon juice onto a dinner plate and coat both sides of chicken with juice. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add broth and wine to pan, and cook two minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in capers and butter.