Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was in an email today from the www.lifescript.com website.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken cutlet
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- In a large nonstick pan, heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook them for 3 minutes on each side, transfer them to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the remaining olive oil and carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the snow peas and mushrooms and cook for 4 more minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to the platter with the chicken cutlets.
- Add the white wine and thyme to the pan and simmer until the wine has reduced by half. Add the chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and cook until the sauce is smooth.
- Return the chicken and vegetables to the pan for a minute or two to warm them. Serve immediately.