Recipe by ratherbebaking
Comfort food casserole. Makes little meat go a long way. Great for feeding a large crowd, makes 2-9x13 pans. My family of 4 has been known to eat almost a whole pan themselves.
Top Review by coconutcream
Comfort food at its finest! I imagine this would be perfect for a cold winter's day! I halved the recipe, used cream of chicken instead of cream of celery soup, and left out the onions and peppers. This was so good! It was warm and filling, and the sauce was a nice touch. I'll be making this again!
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package.
- Cook chopped onions and green peppers, in butter until tender.
- In large bowl, combine stuffing mix with broth, stir in eggs and celery soup.
- Add Chicken, cooked rice and onion and green pepper mixture. Mix well.
- Divide into 2 greased 9x13 pans.
- Bake @ 325 for 30-40 minutes.
- While baking prepare sauce.
- In sauce pan combine chicken soup, sour cream and milk.
- Heat and stir until smooth, but DO NOT BOIL.
- Spoon sauce of cut squares.