Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Source: Bon Appetit November 2000
Make and share this Chicken Saute With Paprika Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with 3/4 teaspoon paprika, then salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter and onion to skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Mix in 3/4 teaspoon paprika, then wine and cream.
- Boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken and any juices to skillet; simmer to rewarm, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Delicious and quick. I used 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts that were butterflied and then flattened somewhat for even cooking. Chicken stock replaced the white wine and plain yogurt was used instead of heavy cream. The chicken was served with steamed brocolli. This is a quick and delicious dish that I can see myself making again. Made for Aussie Swap.
Excellent dish! So easy to make, but extremely flavourful. I used almond cream instead of cow's milk cream, and it was perfect. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Make My Recipe Reunion Game / AUS / NZ Forum
So easy to make that it qualifies as a midweek meal. Tasty and very enjoyable. I used Smoked Pararika, cause that is all I had in pantry and used boned out thighs and drumsticks as I prefer them to chicken breast which can tend to be a bit dry and chewy especially when frying. Made and enjoyed for the Ausssie / Kiwi Swap April 2012.