Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Bon Appetit November 2000
Top Review by PaulaG
Delicious and quick. I used 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts that were butterflied and then flattened somewhat for even cooking. Chicken stock replaced the white wine and plain yogurt was used instead of heavy cream. The chicken was served with steamed brocolli. This is a quick and delicious dish that I can see myself making again. Made for Aussie Swap.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with 3/4 teaspoon paprika, then salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter and onion to skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Mix in 3/4 teaspoon paprika, then wine and cream.
- Boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken and any juices to skillet; simmer to rewarm, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.