Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe I found to post for ZWT 6 at TurkishCookbook.com, so untried by me. It is a Turkish chicken recipe that looked very tasty.
- 3 piece chicken breasts, cut in cubes
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 5 mixed mushrooms, brushed and thickly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in cubes (calls for cubanelle pepper)
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, cut in cubes
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 59.14 ml mozzarella cheese (or kasar cheese)
- 2.46 ml turkish red pepper powder (or to taste)
- In a medium sized pan, saute the onion with butter and olive oil. Add the garlic and when the smell of the garlic comes out, add the chicken. Cook the chicken until the colour changes. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, cubanelle pepper (red bell pepper), salt and pepper. Simmer for about 15 minutes with the lid covered. Turn the heat off and sprinkle some oregano all over.
- Transfer to the oven proof dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese and red pepper on top. Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C) and bake until the cheese melts. Serve with Turkish Pilaf.
Great chicken recipe! I don't care for onions so just used a little extra mushrooms and peppers, otherwise made as directed. I used crushed red pepper flakes and was generous with the amount - this had a great little kick! Gotta love a tasty recipe that can be made with ingredients I always have on hand - thanks for sharing the recipe!
We loved this recipe. The taste is very good. Probably because of the veggies. I used 5 button mushrooms, and only 1 garlic clove. I used a small red bell pepper. I used probably more than 1/4 cup cheese. More is always good :) And I used broil to melt it. Thanks Diner :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT
I made a vegan version of this using "Quorn naked chic'n cutlets" and that was the only modification. The "Quorn Vegan chicken cutlets" have the same taste and texture as chicken, you'd swear it was real chicken!
As for the rest of this recipe..... My knees buckled that's how good it was. I mean, what's not to love? You've got all the best and healthiest veggies. Red Bell peppers are very high in vitamins A & C. THIS, I will be making over and over! Thanks Diner!