Recipe by dfolius
Chicken pieces and cucumbers sauteed and served in a gravy. Great way to use those summer cucumbers. I triple the gravy ingredients (the last four listed) as we like more gravy. You can also use the large cucumbers but they are so watery that they break down too much for out taste. If you are using those, you'll need about 4.
- 1 frying chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 15 pickling cucumbers (pared, seeded and cut lengthwise into fourths)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken pieces on all sides.
- Remove to plate.
- Add green onions to fat left in skillet. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add cucumbers.
- Return chicken pieces to skillet and partially cover.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is done, moving ingredients around at least once to avoid sticking.
- Transfer chicken and cucumbers to serving dish and keep warm.
- Add water and granulated chicken bouilion to juices left in skillet and bring to boil.
- Blend melted butter and flour until smooth and add to skillet to make gravy.
- Correct seasoning to taste.
- Pour gravy over chicken.