Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The recipe is from Canadian Living and it only has 285 calories per serving.
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup crumpled feta cheese
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a pan or mallet until 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet ,heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 12 to 14 minutes or until browned on both sides and the chicken loses its pink color ., turning over once.
- Take chicken out and transfer to a shallow serving bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet and remaining 2 tsp of oil and heat on medium heat until hot.
- Add artichokes and cook 3 min or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth and heat to boiling point on medium heat .
- Boil for 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by 1/2.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and mint.
- Spoon artichoke sauce over chicken, top with the feta cheese.
- Garnish with a few chopped mint leaves.
This dish wasn't for us. We like all of the ingredients individually, however, they didn't come together as we would have hoped. It was quick and easy to prepare. Made for ZWT5.