Recipe by Katha
Got this one from my Mom who found it in a old Amish cook book.We both made a few changes over the years. You will find this has great flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 6 -8 chicken parts (breasts, legs, thighs)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch basil
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In large skillet melt butter.
- Add& saute chicken on both sides till well browned.
- Add onion& garlic.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine flour,pepper& basil.
- Slowley stir in bouillon cubes disolved in hot water.
- Pour over browned chicken.
- Cook slowley covered 25-30 minutes or until chicken is tender.