Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Looks and tastes very fresh- Nice for warmer weather, as it won't heat up the kitchen.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup white wine
- parmesan cheese, grated
- parsley, chopped
- Pound chicken with meat hammer to flatten and tenderize.
- Saute chicken breasts, onion, and tomatoes in butter, turning to brown on both sides until breasts are 3/4 cooked.
- Add wine and saute until liquid is reduced by 1/2, chicken is firm but springy to the touch.
- Put breasts in pan, then put cooked onion, tomatoes and liquid over.
- Top with mozzarella and place under broiler until cheese is melted and browned lightly.
- Place chicken on hot rice.
- Garnish with parmesan and parsley that has been mixed together.