Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sautéed chicken baked with sautéed mushrooms and garlic in white wine with herbs. Very easy and tastes wonderful. Serve with rice or pasta.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried marjoram
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dust chicken with flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; sauté until browned, but not cooked through (about 4 minutes per side).
- Remove chicken from oil and place in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Sauté garlic and mushrooms, stirring constantly (5-6 minutes).
- Add wine, parsley, basil, and marjoram to the mushrooms.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Serve with rice or pasta.