Recipe by Dave C
The pasta is the won you like. (;o)
Top Review by ChrisI
This is a tasty dish, I used Tex Mex to spice it up a bit more. I didn't use the red/yellow peppers but put in frozen veggies. I will make this one again. This really hit the spot, my wife liked it alot when she got home from work.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 lb fresh hot Italian sausage or 1⁄2 lb fresh mild Italian sausage, , sliced
- 2 red sweet peppers or 2 yellow sweet peppers or 2 green sweet peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup tomato juice or 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 cups hot cooked pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into thin bite-size strips; set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook sausage for 5 minutes, stirring to brown on all sides.
- Remove from skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In same skillet cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned; remove from skillet.
- Cook sweet peppers and onion wedges in remaining drippings for 3 minutes.
- Return sausage and chicken to skillet; add undrained tomatoes, wine, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch into tomato juice or water; stir into skillet.
- Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Serve sauce over pasta.
- Makes 4 servings.