Great casserole that is a good meal to share either at a potluck or when taking a meal to those in need.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice penne pasta
- 8 -12 ounces chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 -6 cups thinly sliced or shredded zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2/3 cup chicken broth (homemade is best, I'll post a recipe soon)
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven at 400.
- 2Cook penne as directed in boiling water; drain and set aside.
- 3Cut sausage into small slices (or remove casings so it can crumble as it cooks). Cook over medium heat in skillet.
- 4Remove sausage from skillet and then put in olive oil, zucchini and onion to saute.
- 5Add salt, pepper, and garlic after the zucchini and onion have softened.
- 6Make a slurry with the chicken broth and arrowroot power and add to vegetable mixture.
- 7Stir sausage back in, followed by the feta and mozarella cheeses.
- 8Either place in casserole dish or if using an oven-proof skillet, leave it as is, cover and put in oven until warmed through, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Sausage & Zucchini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.8
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 897.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 15.4 g