Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great casserole that is a good meal to share either at a potluck or when taking a meal to those in need.
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown rice penne pasta
- 8 -12 ounces chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 -6 cups thinly sliced or shredded zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth (homemade is best, I'll post a recipe soon)
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven at 400.
- Cook penne as directed in boiling water; drain and set aside.
- Cut sausage into small slices (or remove casings so it can crumble as it cooks). Cook over medium heat in skillet.
- Remove sausage from skillet and then put in olive oil, zucchini and onion to saute.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic after the zucchini and onion have softened.
- Make a slurry with the chicken broth and arrowroot power and add to vegetable mixture.
- Stir sausage back in, followed by the feta and mozarella cheeses.
- Either place in casserole dish or if using an oven-proof skillet, leave it as is, cover and put in oven until warmed through, about 20 minutes.