Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is just another one of those weeknight inspirations
- 1 lb chicken sausage
- 3 cups raw spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Slice sausage and saute until browned. (Note: I used precooked sausage with roasted garlic and mozzarella filling).
- Remove sausage from the pan, add drizzle of olive oil and saute garlic and onion until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, or until they start to burst. Mash with potato masher.
- Return sausage slices to the pan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add spinach, and cook until they wilt.
- Serve over pasta, rice or polenta.
This is the first time I ever tried an unrated recipe and I'm really glad I did. The only chicken sausage I could find was roasted garlic...too bad I couldn't find it with the mozzarella stuffing! It was really good and really easy. My hubby Todd put it in my Top Ten! Thanks DiWriter!