Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I just loved the taste of this combination..
Make and share this Chicken & Sausage with Mushrooms & Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken, cut up (use preferred parts)
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage links or 1 lb hot Italian sausage or 1 lb Italian chicken sausage
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon driced basil or 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- Cut up sausage into 1 inch pieces.
- Partly cover with 1/2 inch water in skillet.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In large heavy bottom skillet or dutch oven heat olive oil.
- Brown chicken pieces lightly on all sides adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped onions, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Add oregano and basil, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Add parsley, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and mushrooms cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Drain sausage, add to chicken.
- Add vinegar to sausage dripping in pan stirring to loosen bits.
- Add this to chicken and cook for another 5 minutes.