Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
365: No Repeats. Rachael Ray. I love the chicken sausages from Trader Joe's.
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 8 -10 chicken sausage
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, then thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- Toast the nuts in a skillet over medium heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove them and reserve.
- Pierce the sausages with a fork and arrange in the skillet. Add 1/4 inch water and 2 tablespoons of the EVOO. Place the pan back on the heat and raise the temperature to medium-high.
- Allow the water to boil away completely, about 7 minutes. The EVOO left will coat and crisp the casings. Brown the sausages on all sides, 3-5 minutes.
- While the sausages work, heat another medium skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining EVOO, the fennel, and the onions. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Cook the vegetables, stirring and tossing frequently, for 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Add the white vermouth and deglaze the pan. Add the toasted nuts and the parsley and cook for another minute, then turn off the heat.
- Slice the sausages thick, on an angle. Pile one quarter of the fennel and onions on each dinner plate and top with sliced sausages.
Great comfort food. I served this with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed green beans. Simple and easy.