Chicken Sausage With Fennel and Onions
- Toast the nuts in a skillet over medium heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove them and reserve.
- Pierce the sausages with a fork and arrange in the skillet. Add 1/4 inch water and 2 tablespoons of the EVOO. Place the pan back on the heat and raise the temperature to medium-high.
- Allow the water to boil away completely, about 7 minutes. The EVOO left will coat and crisp the casings. Brown the sausages on all sides, 3-5 minutes.
- While the sausages work, heat another medium skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining EVOO, the fennel, and the onions. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Cook the vegetables, stirring and tossing frequently, for 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Add the white vermouth and deglaze the pan. Add the toasted nuts and the parsley and cook for another minute, then turn off the heat.
- Slice the sausages thick, on an angle. Pile one quarter of the fennel and onions on each dinner plate and top with sliced sausages.