I was wanting to try something new and this was a BIG hit with my family.... including my 3 kids!
Make and share this Chicken Sausage Stuffed Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- rinse rice thoroughly , brown half rice in butter. Add the rest of the rice, water and 1 can of tomato sauce. Mix. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to low, simmer for 20 minute.
- remove casings from chicken sausages and pulse through food processor until ground. brown, add diced tomato and 1 can of tomato sauce. Mix and set aside.
- saute the diced pepper and onion , add to chicken and tomato mixture.
- add rice, mix well.
- Clean and stuff the remaining 5 peppers with rice mixture.
- mix together tomato paste, 1/2 can water, and ketchup and put on top of peppers
- bake in 350 degree oven , covered for 1 hour.