Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
I love sticky rice. Found this on petitchef.com and tweaked it to save time and efforts. Prep time includes 1 hour to soak dried shrimp. Otherwise it's pretty quick.
- 2 cups glutinous rice (soak 4-6 hrs)
- 2 sausage, chinese, 2 links, sliced
- 1 chicken breast, boneless & skinless, sliced (can use precooked chicken)
- 1⁄4 cup shrimp, dried, soaked 1 hr
- 1⁄4 onion, large chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- Drain the glutinous rice. Steam for 20 minutes until rice is cook. If the rice is too dry then sprinkle some water on it. The short cut is to put the glutinous rice straight into the rice cooker (do not soak), add water just before it reaches the 2 cup mark, cook as is. This takes a little longer to cook than regular rice and comes out a little stickier than the steam method but much quicker.
- Oil the the pan and fry the sausage then remove from pan.
- Oil the pan again and fry the shallots until golden. Then add in the chicken and then dried shrimps. When chicken is cook then add in the onions. If using precooked chicken, just add after dried shrimps and heat up.
- 4. Now add in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and water. Mix well and add in the green onions and sausage.
- 5. Place all the cooked ingredients over the sticky rice. Serve warm.