1/1 Photo of Chicken Sausage Sauté
This quick and easy dish uses all those aromatic ingredients that draw people into the kitchen to see what's for dinner. It's an easy sauté of garlic, onions, coloured peppers, and tasty chicken sausage, served with your favorite pasta. Use the chicken sausage of your choice, including sausages flavored with herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, apples, or spices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces pasta (linguine, spaghetti, fettucine, spirals, etc.)
- 4 chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut vertically into thin slices
- 2 coloured bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions until cooked but still firm to the bite (al dente). While the pasta is cooking, place the sausages in a small skillet over medium heat and add 1/4 cup water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn sausages at 5 minutes and add more water if necessary.
- 2Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and coloured pepper strips and sauté for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary, and season with black pepper to taste. Lower heat and cook for 5 minutes more.
- 3Remove sausages from small skillet and slice in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Add to the onions and peppers. Add balsamic vinegar and toss. Cook mixture until sausage is no longer pink in the middle. Serve over cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Sausage Sauté
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Sodium 586.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 15.7 g