Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Chicken, Sausage & Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces sausages, Italian, hot turkey
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, frozen, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, chopped
- 29 ounces fat-free chicken broth
- 3 1⁄2 ounces brown rice, boil-in-bag
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove casings from sausage. Combine sausage and chicken in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over high heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add celery, carrot, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Remove rice from bag; stir into broth mixture. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 7 minutes or until rice is tender. Discard thyme sprigs. Stir in parsley, salt, and pepper.