Recipe by C. Taylor
I came up with this one night when the cupboards were looking mighty bare. I was shocked at how yummy it came out. Even the kids gobbled it up. I didn't have the fresh mozzarella the first time I came up with this but it's a nice addition.
- 3 chicken sausage (spinach asiago if you can find it)
- 1 lb pasta (of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup salted pasta water
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese (cut into bite size pieces)
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Start to cook pasta according to directions on the box.
- In a non stick sauce pan, start to heat the olive oil. Remove the sausage casing and then cut sausage into quarters length wise, and then into inch long pieces.
- Add onion, garlic and sausage to the hot pan and cook thoroughly. Add wine and cook a few minutes longer, adding the cayenne, salt, pepper and butter. Stir till butter has melted. Add enough pasta water so that you have enough sauce to coat all the pasta (about 3/4 - 1 cup).
- Drain pasta when cooked al dente. Toss pasta with the sauce, adding the basil, tomatoes and mozzarella. Serve with parmesan cheese.