Recipe by Texaspollock
This is a recipe from my Pastor's wife, who moved here from Louisiana. I have tweaked it a bit to suit my family's taste. Definitly a family favorite.
Top Review by Boo Chef in West Texas
This is good! We like rice so this was right up our alley. Made as directed except the bouillion I used was low sodium. Easy to put together.Will make again. Made for Spring PAC
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 lb chicken tenders (cut in 1-inch pieces)
- 8 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 14 ounces smoked sausage (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 cups rice (uncooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large dutch oven fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and celery in bacon grease until veggies are tender.
- Add chicken, water, bouillon, parsley, and creole seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, brown sliced sausage in frying pan.
- Crumble reserved bacon and add with sausage, parsley, Kitchen Bouquet, (and cayenne pepper if desired) to boiling mixture.
- Add rice and bring to a boil once more.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add more creole seasoning to taste if desired.
- You can also add seafood if you'd like. It's great with about 1 lb of crawfish added!