Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is a really simple recipe
Top Review by Mark H.
This is a great recipe for one of my favorite dishes. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make. The chicken/sausage combo is really fantastic. I used a very hot sausage, so the family wasn't quite as pleased as I was with the result. But that's my fault, not the recipe's. Next time I'll have to tone it down a bit. Oh well, I get to eat the leftovers tonight. I can't wait. Thanks for posting.
- 3 cups chicken breasts
- 1 lb pure smoked sausage
- 2 large onions
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 cups raw rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken up into bite size pieces.
- Season with salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Brown chicken in pot with melted butter.
- Remove chicken.
- Chop onions and bell pepper.
- Cut garlic finely.
- Brown onions, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Add tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and sausage cut into bite size pieces.
- Cook until chicken is tender.
- Add raw rice and chopped green onions.
- Stir ingredients thoroughly.
- Add enough water to cover ingredients by about 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.