Recipe by Chef Annie Z
We developed this recipe after we had something similar at an upscale Italian Restaurant. We made it the way we like it. It is simple, the kids love it and you can play with the ingredients to your liking.
Top Review by carlamoose
I used chicken sausage already seasoned with spinach and feta, so I can't comment on the recipe spice-wise. However, the concept of this recipe was great. I followed directions except for adding the spices and used heavy cream instead bc that's all I had. My suggestion is don't add all the cream at once, just like the instructions said.
- 10 chicken sausage (Asiago, spinach and chicken sausage from Sam's Club) or 10 Italian sausages, if you can't find the other
- 2 large onions, diced
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 453.59 g farfalle pasta
- 56.69 g fresh basil
- 113.39 g of kraft shredded parmesan cheese, romano and Asiago cheeses (if you can find all in one, otherwise use what you have)
- 946.0 ml half-and-half cream
- garlic salt
- shallot salt (Penzey's)
- roasted garlic seasoning (Tones Brand)
- red pepper flakes
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice and Fry Sausage in the listed spices, as much as you like.
- Cook noodles until el dente.
- Fry onions and garlic, with some of the above spices in olive oil until onions are just translucent.
- Turn off onions and gently mix in tomatoes. You do not want to cook the tomatoes.
- Mix together the sausage, onion mixture, cheese(s), basil,cream and noodles. Cook gently over med high heat. You may not want to add all the cream at once. Cook for a little and then adjust the amount of cream to your liking.
- Adjust the spices and add more as you need it. serve and enjoy.