Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
We developed this recipe after we had something similar at an upscale Italian Restaurant. We made it the way we like it. It is simple, the kids love it and you can play with the ingredients to your liking.
- 10 chicken sausage (Asiago, spinach and chicken sausage from Sam's Club) or 10 Italian sausages, if you can't find the other
- 2 large onions, diced
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 453.59 g farfalle pasta
- 56.69 g fresh basil
- 113.39 g of kraft shredded parmesan cheese, romano and Asiago cheeses (if you can find all in one, otherwise use what you have)
- 946.0 ml half-and-half cream
- garlic salt
- shallot salt (Penzey's)
- roasted garlic seasoning (Tones Brand)
- red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- Slice and Fry Sausage in the listed spices, as much as you like.
- Cook noodles until el dente.
- Fry onions and garlic, with some of the above spices in olive oil until onions are just translucent.
- Turn off onions and gently mix in tomatoes. You do not want to cook the tomatoes.
- Mix together the sausage, onion mixture, cheese(s), basil,cream and noodles. Cook gently over med high heat. You may not want to add all the cream at once. Cook for a little and then adjust the amount of cream to your liking.
- Adjust the spices and add more as you need it. serve and enjoy.
I used chicken sausage already seasoned with spinach and feta, so I can't comment on the recipe spice-wise. However, the concept of this recipe was great. I followed directions except for adding the spices and used heavy cream instead bc that's all I had. My suggestion is don't add all the cream at once, just like the instructions said.
Excellent! The only change I made was to use "Low-fat Heavy Cream Substitute" (#113203) to replace the cream in the recipe and it turned out well! Also, I used Trader Joe's Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage so I omitted all the other spices except some red pepper flakes for heat. It was so simple to prepare and fast to cook! Thanks for developing a great recipe!
This meal was deliciously different. The only alterations we made were substituting the 2 large tomatoes for grape tomatoes and using fat free half and half for the full fat version. This was really excellent and only took 40 minutes! Thank you so much for posting!