Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Absolutely delicious, easy to make and healthy.
- 340.19 g chicken sausage (asiago- spinach if you can find it)
- 2 (850.48 g) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 473.18 ml mushrooms, sliced
- 2.46 ml garlic, crushed
- 354.88 ml water (feel free to replace part with white wine)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (large or 2 small)
- 1.62 ml herbes de provence
- salt and black pepper
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- Skin sausage and slice into thin slices.
- Heat oil in pan and add chicken, onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook about 7 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the butter.
- Cook another 5-7 minutes or until the liquid has thickened and is almost gone.
- Mix in butter, and serve.
Just made this. It is really good! Trying to save some to freeze, but I keep on nibbling at it! I didn't have chicken sausage, so I used ground chicken sausage meat. It worked just fine. Thanks for a wonderful recipe - I'll use it again.
This is definitely a 5-star dish! My husband and I REALLY enjoyed this dish. I did make some adjustments though...(:-)...Since I don't eat mushrooms, I added 1 cup of prepared ditalini pasta and a can of diced tomatoes, plus 2 tablespoons of tomato paste to add a little color. I did not have 2 cans of cannellini beans, so I added 1 can cannellini and 1 can red kidney beans. Instead of the asiago-spinach sausage, which i also didn't have (:-( I used chicken pesto sausage. This made for a very filling "comfort food" type of meal, which we ate with some crusty warm bread and spreadable soft cheese. We LOVED it! Thanks for sharing your recipe ChrissyT. This one goes in my Keeper Cookbook.