Recipe by C. Taylor
Absolutely delicious, easy to make and healthy.
Top Review by Popcat
Just made this. It is really good! Trying to save some to freeze, but I keep on nibbling at it! I didn't have chicken sausage, so I used ground chicken sausage meat. It worked just fine. Thanks for a wonderful recipe - I'll use it again.
- 3⁄4 lb chicken sausage (asiago- spinach if you can find it)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (feel free to replace part with white wine)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (large or 2 small)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon herbes de provence
- salt and black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin sausage and slice into thin slices.
- Heat oil in pan and add chicken, onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook about 7 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the butter.
- Cook another 5-7 minutes or until the liquid has thickened and is almost gone.
- Mix in butter, and serve.