Recipe by Corrie in AZ
Mostly here for safe keeping...this is a Mr. Food recipe that I googled. Looks delicious!
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 10 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat then add sausage, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink in center. Remove to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- 3. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet. Add garlic, bell pepper, and onion, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, salt, and black pepper, and cook 7 to 10 more minutes, or until tomatoes have broken down.
- 4. Return sausage to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Serve over warm penne pasta.